Nationwide Search Under Way for HealthNet President/CEO Successor
The HealthNet Board of Directors is seeking an accomplished healthcare executive who can work effectively in a highly matrixed and relationship-driven culture. This individual will be highly-skilled in providing transformational leadership in a position working toward preeminence in a patient-centered environment of care. This is an outstanding opportunity to join HealthNet during its Journey to Preeminence and significantly shape the future of its organization.
HealthNet is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and a not-for-profit 501(c)3 corporation providing primary care health services to the medically underserved. The mission of HealthNet is:
To improve lives with compassionate health care and support services, regardless of ability to pay.
Since 1968, HealthNet has improved the health status of inner-city neighborhoods by making quality health services accessible to everyone. From its beginnings in a converted bank building staffed by one physician, HealthNet has grown to a citywide organization with 19 locations and 550 employees. It is Indiana’s largest FQHC.
Through its network of six community-based, comprehensive primary care health centers, one OB/GYN care center, a pediatric/adolescent care center, a maternal-fetal medicine center, nine school-based clinics, and support services, HealthNet annually provides affordable healthcare to more than 50,000 individuals – many of whom live at or below the federal poverty level. In 2010, the centers had over 210,565 patient visits.
HealthNet is the first and only network of primary healthcare centers in Indiana to earn the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval™. Only 297 centers nationwide have achieved this honor.
The President of HealthNet exists to provide strategic vision, leadership and oversight of the clinical aspects for the entire HealthNet program. The President is responsible for carrying out the HealthNet mission. Since 1968, HealthNet has improved the health status of Indianapolis’ inner-city neighborhoods by making quality health services accessible to everyone, regardless of ability to pay. The President is responsible for the overall HealthNet program including quality management, resource utilization, the primary healthcare delivery program, administrative and financial management, and community relations.
Relationship with HealthNet Board
• CEO reports to the HealthNet Board.
• Responsible for building strong working relationships with Board members.
• Responsible for collaborating with the Board in policy development and implementing board policies.
• Serves as a non-voting member of the Executive Committee.
• Ensures robust communication with the HealthNet Community to promote understanding of the current and future environment that HealthNet operates/will operate in.
• Represents the staff to the HealthNet Board.
• Represents the HealthNet Board to staff.
The ideal candidate will have the following credentials:
Education & Experience
• Master’s level in healthcare or business-related field.
• Proven success in leading larger health care related organization, and/or large healthcare systems and government agencies.
• Extensive knowledge of Federally Qualified Health Centers and/or Community Health Centers desired.
• Excellent strategic leadership, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, negotiation and presentation skills, with the ability to lead groups and programs.
• Ability to understand healthcare needs of various socioeconomic groups and develop programs to meet those needs.
• Demonstrated successful ability to raise funds and manage grants.
• Knowledge and experience in finance; operations management; strategic planning and community relations.
For consideration, a cover letter and resume may be sent to Megan Haymaker. Or, you may apply online. Note: HealthNet contracts with Indiana University Health for employment application processing. You will be redirected to IU Health’s online Career Center.
For more information, please contact:
Megan Haymaker, HR Consultant