Patient-Centered Medical Home
What is a Patient-Centered Medical Home?
HealthNet is your Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH), which means you get:
- Patient-centered care; you are a part of your health care choices
- Comprehensive care; you have sick and well care in one place
- Coordinated care; you are connected to all the care you need
- Accessible care; you can rely on your Health Center to answer your health care needs day or night
- Quality and safety; you get the right health care at the right time
Because HealthNet is a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH), you can:
- have flexible scheduling, such as same-day and evening appointments.
- send non-urgent messages to your Care Team and ask for medicine refills through an online Patient Portal.
- contact us and get advice even when your Health Center is closed.
You and Your Care Team
HealthNet, your Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH), offers many services in one place! As a patient, you have a Care Team that helps youreach your health care goals.
Who is a part of your Care Team?
- You, the patient
- Primary Care Provider and/or OB/GYN Provider
- Medical Assistant
Your Care Team can also include:
- Dental Assistant
- Behavioral Health Provider
- Support staff like Social Workers, Interpreters, and Front Office Staff
- Other Providers like an Asthma Specialist, a Dietitian, a Foot Doctor, and an Eye Doctor
Together, you work with your Care Team to:
- decide what health care choices are best for you.
- create your own health goals.
- make sure you get all of the health services you need. For example, if you need to see a heart doctor, your Care Team will help you set-up a visit.
Being involved in making health care decisions allows you to take a more active role in your health.