Tech Teen Clinic at Arsenal Tech High School
1500 E. Michigan St.
Treadwell Hall - Room 120
Meet Our Team
Beth Adkins, CPNP
"I enjoy working with students in the high school setting. I like to scuba dive, travel, and try new hobbies."
Christen Goodman, RN
"I enjoy helping kids and families to provide health education. In my free time, I love spending time with my 4 kids who play sports. I also like to travel and read."
Amy Thompson, MA
"I enjoy working with kids, especially teenagers! I like to swim, travel, and hang out at home."
All students seen in the School-Based Health Center (SBHC) must have a signed consent and registration form. These documents must be signed by a parent or guardian and updated every school year for students under the age of 18.
*Students without a signed consent will still receive emergency care per Indiana state law.
Services available may include:
- Height, weight, or blood pressure checks
- Screenings for vision or hearing
- First aid for common minor injuries like sprains, strains, scrapes, or minor burns
- Emergency care for problems like difficulty breathing or serious injury
- Medical care for common issues like headaches, sore throat, colds, ear infections, sinus infections, stomach pain, period issues, seasonal allergies
- Evaluation of chronic conditions, like asthma, frequent headaches or ear infections, seizures
- Testing for infections like strep throat, urinary tract or yeast infections and TB (tuberculosis)
- Giving over the counter medicines
- Well-child checkups including physical exams for sports, college entry, or work
- Vaccines (shots)
- Education about exercise, quitting smoking, stress, nutrition, personal hygiene, period issues, acne, weight, and developing a healthy lifestyle.
- Sexual health education, pregnancy testing, birth control, and testing and/or treatment of sexually transmitted infections
- Help signing up for health insurance
- Referrals for services like dental, primary care, behavioral health, social work, prenatal care, and other healthcare needs