National Search Underway for Chief Medical Officer
HealthNet seeks a full-time Chief Medical Officer who is highly-skilled in providing strategic leadership in a patient-centered environment of care. This is an outstanding opportunity to join HealthNet and significantly shape the future of this organization.
Since 1968, HealthNet has improved the health status of Indianapolis’ inner-city neighborhoods by making quality health services accessible to everyone. From our beginnings in a converted bank building staffed by one physician, HealthNet has grown to a regional organization with 37 locations and more than 600 employees serving Marion, Morgan and Monroe counties. we are one of Indiana’s largest Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) and one of the largest in the nation.
Through our network of 10 community-based, comprehensive primary care health centers, 6 dental centers, 11 school-based clinics, and support services, HealthNet annually provides affordable health care to more than 60,000 individuals – the majority of whom live at or below the federal poverty level. In 2021, the centers delivered 201,326 patient visits. We are Joint Commission and Primary Care Medical Home-accredited.
This is an exciting time in the growth of HealthNet. We seek an enthusiastic leader devoted to our mission of improving lives with compassionate health care and support services, regardless of ability to pay.
The CMO is responsible for the strategy, direction, and execution of the organization’s clinical initiatives and care provided to HealthNet patients. The position is responsible for establishing, maintaining, and enforcing acceptable professional and ethical standards of the organization’s medical staff according to the established policies, procedures, philosophy, and objectives. The CMO ensures physician oversight and development of clinical protocols and procedures across HealthNet and establishes overall direction and strategic initiatives for areas of responsibility. The CMO monitors the quality of clinical activities and protocols and implements improvement plans when needed. The incumbent is a member of HealthNet’s Senior Leadership Team and attends monthly Board of Directors meetings.
Essential Functions Include:
- Clinical Leadership
- Patient Care
- Quality Improvement
- Laboratory Oversight
- Oversight of Provider Credentialing & Enrollment
- Business Development
- Education & Research
- Commitment to Mission and Purpose
- Licensure to practice medicine in the State of Indiana as a Physician.
- Requires a Medical Degree (MD or DO) with board certification in the ABMS medical specialty and licensure to practice in the State of Indiana.
- Requires a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a clinical practice setting treating patients and at least 5 years of progressive leadership experience.
- Requires experience working in a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and must be committed to the values and goals of FQHCs.
- Requires DEA and CSR certification.
- Requires CPR certification.
- Requires knowledge of quality and performance improvement methodologies and proven experience implementing a continuous improvement culture.
- Requires experience influencing provider behaviors and partnering and problem solving with providers and administrative leaders.
- Must possess the ability to lead physicians and other providers by example; see patients efficiently and timely; demonstrate strong abilities to effectively use the electronic medical record; and demonstrate the ability to work well with electronic health information.
- Requires experience with Ambulatory Joint Commission Accreditation.
- Requires academic interest and background.
- Experience with implementing, using, and training others in the use of electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
For more information, contact:
Sherrie Williams, MS, SHRM-CP
Human Resources Director
HealthNet Administration Building
3403 E. Raymond St
Indianapolis, IN 46203