Health Center at George Washington High School
2215 W. Washington St.
Meet Our Team
Heather Jolivette, CPNP
"I really enjoy working with teens and helping with their health needs. In my spare time, I like spending time with my children/family. I also like doing anything active, like swimming, hiking, biking, and ice skating."
Melissa Jaer-Allah, MA
"I love working with the students at GWHS. My family and the outdoors are how I spend my time off. Cockatiels are my fave! George and Momma LU are my feathered kids."
All students seen in the School-Based Health Center (SBHC) must have a signed consent and registration form. These documents must be signed by a parent or guardian and updated every school year for students under the age of 18. *Students without a signed consent will still receive emergency care per Indiana state law.
Services available may include:
- Height, weight, or blood pressure checks
- Screenings for vision or hearing
- First aid for common minor injuries like sprains, strains, scrapes, or minor burns
- Emergency care for problems like difficulty breathing or serious injury
- Medical care for common issues like headaches, sore throat, colds, ear infections, sinus infections, stomach pain, period issues, seasonal allergies
- Evaluation of chronic conditions, like asthma, frequent headaches or ear infections, seizures
- Testing for infections like strep throat, urinary tract or yeast infections and TB (tuberculosis)
- Giving over the counter medicines
- Well-child checkups including physical exams for sports, college entry, or work
- Vaccines (shots)
- Education about exercise, quitting smoking, stress, nutrition, personal hygiene, period issues, acne, weight, and developing a healthy lifestyle.
- Sexual health education, pregnancy testing, birth control, and testing and/or treatment of sexually transmitted infections
- Help signing up for health insurance
- Referrals for services like dental, primary care, behavioral health, social work, prenatal care, and other healthcare needs