KIPP Indianapolis Unite and College Preparatory School-Based Health Center
1740 E. 30th St.
Appointments can be made by calling or emailing the clinic directly.
Meet Our Team
Kimberly Poole, FNP-C
"I have been with HealthNet since 2021 and worked in school-based health since 2019. In my free time, I love hiking, traveling, and spending time with my family and dogs."
Megan Plotz, MA
"I started HealthNet in 2018 at Southwest Health Center and moved to School Based in December of 2021. I love school-based! I have a love for racing. I spend my weekends at the racetrack with my dad and fiancé."
Mimi Sanders, MA
"I love being an MA because I'm able to continue learning and to educate others on the importance and benefits of healthcare! I’ve been with HealthNet since 2018."
All students seen in the School-Based Health Center (SBHC) must have a signed consent and registration form. These documents must be signed by a parent or guardian and updated every school year for students under the age of 18. *Students without a signed consent will still receive emergency care per Indiana state law.
Services available may include:
- Height, weight, or blood pressure checks
- Screenings for vision or hearing
- First aid for common minor injuries like sprains, strains, scrapes, or minor burns
- Emergency care for problems like difficulty breathing or serious injury
- Medical care for common issues like headaches, sore throat, colds, ear infections, sinus infections, stomach pain, period issues, seasonal allergies
- Evaluation of chronic conditions, like asthma, frequent headaches or ear infections, seizures
- Testing for infections like strep throat, urinary tract or yeast infections and TB (tuberculosis)
- Giving over the counter medicines
- Well-child checkups including physical exams for sports, college entry, or work
- Vaccines (shots)
- Education about exercise, quitting smoking, stress, nutrition, personal hygiene, period issues, acne, weight, and developing a healthy lifestyle.
- Sexual health education, pregnancy testing, birth control, and testing and/or treatment of sexually transmitted infections
- Help signing up for health insurance
- Referrals for services like dental, primary care, behavioral health, social work, prenatal care, and other healthcare needs