Bowling With Santa Strikes the Spirit of Giving
HealthNet Health Centers and Hindel Bowl Brighten the Holidaysfor Uninsured, Underinsured Children
WHAT: HealthNet Martindale-Brightwood Health & Dental Center and HealthNet People’s Health & Dental Center are partnering with Hindel Bowl on the near east side to offer a “Bowling with Santa” party for underprivileged children.
WHERE: Hindel Bowl, 6833 Massachusetts Ave., Indianapolis
WHEN: Saturday, Dec. 19; 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Health center patients and their children are invited. The health center children (ages 5 to 17) will receive a free game of bowling, gifts and refreshments.
• Youth bowling coaches will be available to teach children who have never had the opportunity to bowl before.
• Children also will meet Santa, have their picture taken, and enjoy snacks.
• Santa will bowl with children from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
• About 200 children are expected to participate.
The health centers, which serve more than 10,000 patients annually, are two of HealthNet’s comprehensive health centers. Their mission is to improve lives with compassionate health care and support services, regardless of ability to pay.
For more than 41 years, HealthNet has been a mainstay in the Indianapolis community. Through its network of five community-based health centers, one OB/GYN care center, a pediatric and adolescent care center, and eight school-based clinics, HealthNet annually serves over 47,000 individuals. More than 75% are uninsured or underinsured and live at or below the federal poverty level.
HealthNet services include: primary and preventive health care; OB/GYN support and coaching for expectant mothers; Healthy Families and Better Indy Babies; dental services; Homeless Initiative Program; counseling, outreach and social service programs.
HealthNet’s health centers include Barrington Health Center, Care Center at the Tower, Martindale-Brightwood Health & Dental Center, Pediatric & Adolescent Care Center, People’s Health & Dental Center, Southeast Health & Dental Center, Southwest Health Center, and Southwest OB/GYN Annex. For more information, visit: http://www.indyhealthnet.org.
(317) 957-2018; (317) 435-9588 cell