HealthNet Offers Free H1N1 and Seasonal Flu Shots
HealthNet will offer free H1N1 and seasonal flu shots on Saturday, October 24 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at six health center locations. The immunizations will be give on a first come, first served basis—no appointments are necessary.
The H1N1 immunization will be offered to children and adults who meet the federal priority group criteria.
The seasonal flu shots will be offered only for children ages 6 months through 18 years old.
The flu shot clinic locations are:
• HealthNet Barrington Health Center, 781-4994, 3401 East Raymond Street, Indianapolis, IN 46203
• HealthNet Martindale-Brightwood Health & Dental Center, 920-5760, 2855 North Keystone Avenue, Suite 100, Indianapolis, IN 46218
• HealthNet Pediatric & Adolescent Care Center, 962-8067, 1633 North Capitol Avenue, Suite 236, Indianapolis, IN 46202
• HealthNet People’s Health & Dental Center, 633-7364, 2340 East 10th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46201
• HealthNet Southeast Health & Dental Center, 488-2040, 901 Shelby Street, Indianapolis, IN 46203
• HealthNet Southwest Health Center, 488-2020, 2202 West Morris Street, Indianapolis, IN 46221
People who fall into the H1N1 priority groups are eligible to receive the vaccine at this time. Those groups are:
* All people 6 months through 24 years of age
* People who live with or care for children younger than 6 months of age
* All pregnant women
* Health care and emergency services personnel, and
* People ages 25 through 64 years who have health conditions associated with higher risk of medical complications from the flu.
This schedule is tentative as delivery of the H1N1 vaccine is not certain. Clinics are subject to change and may be rescheduled.